Friday, March 25, 2011

Disgusted and Disappointed (AKA does greed always overcome?)

Last year, I started my first subscription to Mothering magazine. I enjoyed it. A bit heavy on the ads and fluff, but I still loved it. I practice extended breastfeeding. I had a homebirth. I don't like jarred baby food. I don't mind cloth diapers (even if Karl does). So when I suddenly stopped getting any issues after only receiving three. I waited. I still received the email sending me to the electronic copy, but I didn't read it because I was waiting for the real thing. The one I could hold in my hands and read in the tub.  I have been extremely busy all winter, so I didn't do much about not receiving it. But today, I finally opened up the digital copy and discovered...this was the last digital copy. They stopped printing in NOVEMBER (even though I paid for the year), now they plan to stop making the magazine at all. They are becoming just another ho-hum website.

I am disappointed. I paid for those issues. I am not impressed. I don't need another website. I wanted a hold-it-in-your hands magazine. Disappointing. I will seek like-minded moms elsewhere. Mothering can take their corporate greed and shove it up their....veganized um, bottoms. Maybe I'll send the a crate of carrots to do so.

Organic, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment