Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ouch!

I read that it won't hurt to nurse the baby during the day on Saturday and Sunday, because that is too short a time to up my milk supply. What they didn't warn me about was the sore nipples I would get from an enthusiastic nurser, when the milk supply isn't gushing.
I don't have pain when I only nurse after work and overnight. But trying to nurse on the weekends, too. Ouch.
Eh well, he's worth it, AND it burns calories. Gotta look at the bright side (and overlook that he is drinking 18 to 24 ounces of formula when I am gone-thats 300 or 400 calories-no wonder I am not losing weight. I ought to use the pump more. Force it or something. It is just...so....tedious....

Liam, by the way, weighed 18'10" at his four month check-up. Fat baby:o).

No comments:

Post a Comment