Sunday, October 17, 2010

A New Project

One thing I would like to try is using recycled wool sweaters to make diaper covers and pants for Liam. I have found a few sites with info on how to do this:


Make Baby Stuff.com

And

How to Make Wool Diaper Covers

It doesn't look too difficult, except I don't have a sewing machine and would need to hand sew the seams. Still, it might be a fun project, and it would be a lot cheaper than buying them on eBay.
The real question is WHEN am I to do this?
So here is the plan:

This week, I will purchase one or two used wool sweaters to start. I will purchase thread and needles and possibly some yarn if I decide to go the drawstring waist route.
Then I will begin making the first next week. Obviously, I have to do my college coursework at some point, so I will have to pace myself. My goal is to have two completed covers (I am leaning towards the long pants, since winter is coming) within one month. Pictures to follow.


I am getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment