Monday, April 4, 2011

Cloth vs. Disposable diapers. Why I am a better mom.

With my first two children I used cloth diapers, pretty exclusively, until they trained right around two years.. Taryn used cloth until she was nearly two and I moved into a an apartment. Then she used paper for about six months until she pottytrained. I liked cloth. I liked feeling socially responsible and using what mothers have used through the ages. My exhusband was pretty much on board for any idea I had.
Karl doesn't like cloth. And seeing them through his eyes, I understand. They are more work. They aren't as absorbent. All those cute fancy designs-they are for me. I work. I have a little extra cash (well, not really, but I live like I do).So a bag of diapers every now and then-not a big deal.
Karl's mom keeps buying disposable diapers. And I find myself using them more and more. And as much as I like the alterna way of doing things (landfills aside), I think disposables are better. How lame am I?

I am not, actually. I am doing what is best for Liam's sore little umm, you know. And as hard as is it is to turn my back on the "better" choice, it is better than driving Karl crazy with cloth and Liam getting a sore penis because I can't afford a wardrobe of wool covers to air the diapers out. Make the best choice for my family: that makes me the better mom.
So nyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment